Our client is an innovative company who are driven to transform patients’ lives through the development and delivery of pioneering new medicines in Cancer, Infection and Autoimmune disease.
The successful candidate will be assisting Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and other departments on all EHS matters. They will take part in required risk assessments and will help to support and facilitate ongoing business operations across the UK. The right candidate will be proactive and dynamic in their approach to ensure that procedures and policies coincide with business needs and that risk is assessed and handled appropriately.
All biosafety aspects of the role will be supported by site biosafety experts and the biological safety committee.
- Review and outline procedures to ensure appropriate compliant practices are in place
- Provide guidance on site risk assessments including proposed work with biological agents and the development of codes of practice, as required
- Support training on EHS and regulatory guidance, including the use of biological and chemical agents within the facility
- Liaise with biological safety committee to ensure appropriate licenses are obtained and/or amended as necessary
- Prepare reactive plans following accidents/incidents involving EHS failures
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Experience working in a research or technical lab
- Understanding of GMO regulations, COSSH requirements, lab safety and risk assessment
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience assessing risk through blood borne pathogens, including in a CL2 laboratory environment
- Previous experience working with class 3 containment facilities is desirable
- Biosafety and EHS accreditation would be advantageous
Apply now via the website or for further information, please contact Jacqueline Watson in the Manchester office.