Large Pharma UK Head Office operated with high volumes of multi-disciplined contingent workers both on a PAYE and Limited company basis. The client had multiple agencies operating across their 2 sites with differing charge, pay and KPI’s. Resourcing supply contracts were not effectively managed or reviewed causing a major concern over compliance, risk and management of large contingent workforce.
To control costs and legal challenges of multiple contracts operating across the business. Ensure the clients HR team had full visibility of agency usage, harmonise rates and benchmarking per assignment grading. Monthly contract governance platform to reduce risk and management of all contingents in a compliant and ethical way whilst still attracting and securing valued talent and skills.
Appointed a dedicated Project support team to manage all aspect of recruitment and performance management of entire contingent workforce contract.
- Align all contingents under Star Outico contracts and apply simplified and controlled rates matrix to reduce agency usage.
- All PAYE contingents were given an enhanced benefit and rate harmonisation package.
- Training & development plans were implemented with bi-annual reviews with Star Outico project team.
- Accurate monthly financial reporting incorporating service level agreement and KPI’s under the jurisdiction of one master contract.
- Star Outico appointed and managed PSL (Preferred Supplier Listing) for 3rd party agencies to support the recruitment for the account and to reduce impact for hiring managers at agreed fees.
- Limited company contractors aligned contractually across both sites and all rates benchmarked.
- Fully compliant IR35 strategy delivered in April 2020.
Due to accurate live reporting and stringent contract governance of the program, significant cost savings were realised and the financial risk to the client was removed.
Star Outico have been successfully delivering innovative solutions and specialist Head Office talent sourcing since 2016. Ensuring through the effective governance of the contract the successful partnership is constantly evolving and we are constantly exceeding the demands and challenges of the client.